Hi, I’m Barbara Behan, founder and creative director of Gist Communications. Together with a handful of trusted partners, I help visionary leaders and their organizations communicate with purpose and authority. The goal? To expand your influence and accelerate the change you’re making in the world.
We offer strategic content, copywriting, and editing services for private-sector and nonprofit clients. We start by asking the right questions and helping you find the best answers: what is the gist of your message? Who is your audience and what is the best way to reach them? What do you need this project to accomplish?
We value your time and your money. In a world of information overload, we aim to produce more than mere content. We want you to walk away with information assets that last…and we’ll help you figure out ways to get the most out of your investment.
Established online in 2016, Gist is the culmination of twenty years of experience with American and international clients. You can learn more about our agency qualifications here, and past clients here.
Our Clients Are
- Visionary leaders and their organizations — often in the startup or growing phase.
- Industry and nonprofit thought-leaders and change-makers.
They Come to Us When
- They’re growing fast, but lack a “chief communications officer” to help see the big picture.
- They’re lagging in the development and upkeep of smart, industry-leading content.
- They know what they want to say, but aren’t sure how to say it.
- They need best-practices or issues research to support internal growth.
What Makes Us Different
- A passion for clarifying your message.
- A dogged belief in the power of context.
- A commitment to the highest level of quality.
- A promise to care about your mission.
How Can We Help?
- Schedule a free 1/2 hour virtual coffee date. Talk over any communications problem or question, or just brainstorm ideas. No strings attached.